- Hold the metal nail file in the proper way as shown on the left.
- Gently file the top of the toenail with the nail file to remove any dirt or debris that may be present.
- Hold the metal nail file at a 45-degree angle to the toenail and file in a downward motion, starting at the edge of the nail and working your way towards the center.
- Continue filing until the nail is smooth and flat. Avoid filing too much as it can cause the nail to become thin and weak.
- Use a clean cotton ball or pad to remove any debris left on the nail.
- Apply the miconazole lacquer to the entire surface of the nail and let it dry completely before putting on shoes or socks.
Do this one to two times a week as instructed by your podiatrist.
- After one to two weeks of application, remove the layer of lacquer on your nails with the nail file.